CARF International is an independent, nonprofit organization that surveys and accredits health and human services providers worldwide. A service or program that is CARF accredited has passed an in-depth on-site review and has demonstrated substantial conformance to internationally recognized standards for quality.
Our accreditation is a public commitment that we strive to:
- Involve persons served and their families in their service planning.
- Respect individual cultural preferences.
- Be accountable to our funding sources, referral agencies, and the community at large.
- Address health and safety concerns, such as building safety and emergency preparedness.
- Maintain management practices that are efficient, cost-effective, and based on outcomes and consumer satisfaction.
For more information about CARF International, the standards, or the survey process, visit www.carf.org.
The value of accreditation
Next accreditation survey takes place June 7-9, 2023.
Persons and families served play an active and vital role in the CARF accreditation process, from helping to develop the international performance standards to giving input on the quality of services they receive.
Through accreditation, providers demonstrate their belief that all families have the right to be treated with dignity and respect, have access to needed services that achieve optimum outcomes, and are empowered to exercise informed choice.
CVCDA is pleased to join CARF in this mission.