Support for children and teens with a developmental delay or disability.
The Community Integration Program (CIP), is for children and teens with a developmental delay or disability. CIP offers support to children through celebrating their strengths.
CIP believes that each child and family is unique, and the service strives to be family-centered.
CIP staff believe that parents are the experts, and the role of staff is to accommodate and fulfill the wishes of the child or youth and their parents. The program is as flexible as possible to support family goals and objectives.
Activities may include:
- Movie Nights
- Computer Games
- Field Trips
- Teen Club
FOR CHILDREN & YOUTH
Access to community activities and opportunities to develop interests, skills, friendships and to:
- Build social skills
- Develop listening skills
- Problem solve
- Develop emotional control
- Meet with other parents
- Discuss parenting concerns
- Develop advocacy skills through participation in the Advisory Committee
- Have fun and work together
- Direct the type of activities and type of support their children and youth receive